Fork me on GitHub

#1 2012-03-11 14:02:09

sstring

[FIXED] New install - Default user settings bug?

Hi.

On a fresh install, I can't change any default user settings. If I choose [Default user] in System Preferences and then change a setting like Desktop -> 'Turn system sound off', I get a notification that says 'Changes successfully saved' but they really aren't because if I reload the 'Desktop' preferences window, it is still unchecked. It also doesn't matter if I click the 'Save settings' button.

This is not a problem when changing the settings for users directly.

Everything else seems to be working just fine.

oneye 0.8.0
Apache/2.2.16
PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3

Thanks!

#2 2012-03-11 20:02:41

Sable

Re: [FIXED] New install - Default user settings bug?

Hi and welcome sstring,

unfortunatly, after some quick tests on one of my oneye, I must say you're completly right: there's a bug here. Be sure the developers will fix it as soon as possible wink

Regards.

#3 2012-03-12 01:16:34

sstring

Great. They might also fix the bug mentioned in this bug report. I had to go to edit [eyeroot]/apps/exit/app.eyecode and change the $timeout = '0'; value (should be 1).

I hope the developers are still working on the project. I really enjoy the softare!

#4 2012-03-12 04:39:36

s0600204
Website

Welcome sstring,

Like Sable said, you are right. The [Default User] settings are not being saved correctly.

It appears the problem is the fact that oneye looks for configuration files inside a user's personal folders (which is in itself not a problem). Of course, [Default User] is not a real user, so does not have any personal folders, and thus its configuration files are elsewhere.

Anyhow I've devised a fix which shall be committed to the repository very soon has been committed to the repository (r.7393).

As to the second point about the $timeout value - this has been fixed in repository since the 14th of March. Please ensure you have a system derived from the latest svn state. Instructions on how to do this can be found at http://lars-sh.de/2011/09/22/how-to-dow … oneye-svn/ (oneye should be reporting itself to be 0.8.1)

Last edited by s0600204 (2012-03-12 04:40:42)

#5 2012-03-12 10:35:54

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Wow, thanks for reporting this back smile ! It's actually a bug existing since year 2009 (revision 6956). s0600204, it should be handled directly via eyeControl. It's finally fixed in revsion 7395.

s0600204 wrote:

As to the second point about the $timeout value - this has been fixed in repository since the 14th of March. Please ensure you have a system derived from the latest svn state. Instructions on how to do this can be found at http://lars-sh.de/2011/09/22/how-to-dow … oneye-svn/ (oneye should be reporting itself to be 0.8.1)

Notice: Caused by the change from eyeos to oneye and changes to the versions scheme, we finally need to handle two version numbers. The ONEYE_VERSION is just for cosmetics. Internally we're still using EYEOS_VERSION. In case EYEOS_VERSION ends with (the fourth number) ".0" it's from SVN. In case it ends with higher numbers it's a second, third, fourth release candidate or the final release. The oneye version should always be the same for both cases. This allows me to create updaters for release candidates without the need to change the oneye version number smile !

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#6 2012-03-13 09:28:18

Sable

Great! Thank you!

I've updated my demo server with the latest svn files and it works fine smile

Could anyone tag the topic's title as "fixed", please?

Regards.

Board footer