Fork me on GitHub

#1 2012-03-19 18:14:26

mbunds

oneye is Incredible, great job!

I don't know why it took so long to discover this application, but I am glad I did! I spent a lot of time on the eyeOS pages wondering why it looked like the site was dying, until the forums directed me to the oneye site.

Naturally, I wasted a lot of time trying to get eyeOS 2.5 to install properly on a Windows server before I gave up, but at last I discovered that oneye had taken the fork from eyeOS 1.9 and improved it, making it very easy to install, maintain, and develop.

I finally did manage to install eyeOS 2.5 side-by-side with oneye 0.8.0, and I have to say that oneye runs better, faster, and provides a much better experience. I particularly like the stand-alone virtual/real file server, which makes backing up the site far less complicated, and it is less dependent on my server having to slice time between providing mySQL data for the virtual desktop along with other data-centric applications.

I don't understand why eyeOS 2.5 is so slow on my server, because some demo sites seem to run it very well, but it still doesn't offer the same amount of features built-in to oneye 0.8.0

All I need to do now is fix the spreadsheet, and I will be good to go!

Your small team has done an excellent job, and I intend to contribute as much as I can as I become more familiar with development.

Thanks!

Corporate Intranet Developer
XAMPP 1.7.7 Apache 2.2.21 MySql 5.5.16 PHP 5.3.8 FileZilla 0.9.39
Mercury Mail 4.6
Joomla 2.5 oneye 0.8.0

#2 2012-03-20 00:12:59

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: oneye is Incredible, great job!

You're welcome smile !

mbunds wrote:

I discovered that oneye had taken the fork from eyeOS 1.9 and improved it, making it very easy to install, maintain, and develop.

Sorry for correcting, but oneye isn't a fork, it's the official continuation of eyeos series 1 featured by some previous eyeos developers.

mbunds wrote:

I don't understand why eyeOS 2.5 is so slow on my server, because some demo sites seem to run it very well

Most reliable eyeos 2 installations are actually based on HipHop xD

mbunds wrote:

Please, create a separate topic for this. Thanks.

mbunds wrote:

Your small team has done an excellent job, and I intend to contribute as much as I can as I become more familiar with development.

Just ask wink !

mbunds wrote:

Thanks!

Please!

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2012-03-20 19:12:28

Sable

Re: oneye is Incredible, great job!

Hi and welcome mbunds,

mbunds wrote:

as suggested by Lars, the best way is to create a dedicated topic to describe in details the problem you encounter with the spreadsheet for us to understand what you want to fix wink

Board footer