Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-07-23 02:55:59

amazonwebservices

Parallel development

Lars what will your focus be on your product?

Our focus is facebook plugins, communication with mobile devices and HTML 5 based changes.

Last edited by amazonwebservices (2011-07-23 02:57:35)

#2 2011-07-23 06:27:54

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Parallel development

I guess it's best if I focus on the basics for now: kernel, services, libraries, controls.

The business project is not related to the web desktop idea and I don't plan to contribute related code. But I'm quite sure to use oneye 0.9 as back-end solution, which means I'll contribute all oneye project related stuff, such as controls, fixes, ...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2011-07-23 07:20:58

amazonwebservices

we are moving away from specific web desktop stuff too.  We find the eyeOS is a better platform to deliver various stable services to users in the cloud than business type apps.  I would consider it similar to DOUGH - we can make bread - pizza - rolls - fritters - my favorite donuts DUH :-)

#4 2011-07-23 08:14:03

gunnarschlei
Website

I'm going to stick with DaaS and business app's because there is a growing demand for that over here and elsewhere (APAC). There is also a growing demand for open standards and open source so developing cheap open source DaaS is a viable business case. But in my opinion the one does not have to exclude the other, because my business users want the fun stuff in their free time and if they can get both through a unified interface they would be very happy.

Board footer