Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-03-25 00:27:31

Ansem
Website

Upgrading from release -> svn

Can I just download the SVN tarball and copy that into the currently installed 1.9 eyeos ?
Will that suffice or are there things I shouldn't replace?

My website: http://www.dedeno.net - Learn Japanese
So many are still waiting for their new beginning, even you and even me

#2 2012-03-25 07:38:41

Sable

Re: Upgrading from release -> svn

Hi Ansem,

you can find the instruction about upgrading to latest SVN here. Personally, when I upgrade my demo site, I don't copy the folders "accounts" and "users" to preserve my root's account.
Another thing to know, the SVN tarball contains all languages: if you don't want all of them, you'll have to choose the ones you want to copy on your system. wink

#3 2012-03-25 15:59:39

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Upgrading from release -> svn

Hey both smile ,

updating from stable to SVN releases shouldn't be done on production systems, cause SVN releases might break things and create data loss.

1) In order to update, just get the SVN files and remove the folders accounts, users and groups. Finally you can replace the old files.
2) (second method, cleaner, but does not keep applications, translations and themes) Remove all existing stable folders and files except accounts, users and group. Finally continue with method 1.

Some remarks:

• The translations are not part of our SVN branches!

• You may need to update settings.php's REAL_EYE_ROOT.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer