Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-03-25 15:24:41

Sable

New Theme : Black Striped Leather With Blue Bars

Hi all,

I've just finished a personal theme for my demo site.

Here is a screenshot (fullsize available by clicking on it):
BlackStrippedLeatherWithBlueBars_Screenshot-550x309.png

You can also see it in action on my oneye's demo site (login=test, password=test) and/or download it here wink

Background has been created by Irving Gerardo from deviantART.
Icons are, for most of them, by Everaldo from the Crystal Project.

Edit: screenshots updated after these changes

Last edited by Sable (2012-03-31 08:47:16)

#2 2012-03-25 21:13:41

s0600204
Website

Re: New Theme : Black Striped Leather With Blue Bars

Great! It's nice to have a working alternative to the default themes (not that there's anything wrong with the defaults)!

If I may be permitted to offer a couple of small criticisms:
- In the main menus, there is an off-white line after each item. I don't have anything against that, I just think it looks better if there isn't one after the final entry.
- Talking of the menus, I think the background image (toolbar.png) may be upside down. That said, rotating it 180 degrees works in the main menus, but doesn't elsewhere that image is used in the theme.

Other than that, it looks good. Keep it up!

#3 2012-03-28 15:04:00

Sable

Thanks for you comments, s0600204!

I'll make some modifications based no your suggestions and inform you here.

wink

#4 2012-03-30 13:19:18

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Like smile ! We really need a new applications websites, that's connected to the eyeSoft repositories...

Could you remove the shadow of the desktop icons' text, please?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2012-03-30 18:37:45

Sable

Hi all!

s0600204 wrote:

[...]In the main menus, there is an off-white line after each item. I don't have anything against that, I just think it looks better if there isn't one after the final entry.[...]

As far as I can see, it seems that this line is coded in eyeDock or anywhere else and I can't find any soluce to remove it. But I'm not a developer and my knowledges are really poor hmm

s0600204 wrote:

[...]Talking of the menus, I think the background image (toolbar.png) may be upside down. That said, rotating it 180 degrees works in the main menus, but doesn't elsewhere that image is used in the theme.[...]

I've tried several possibilities but I finally decided to remove this background image from the top and bottom menus.

lars-sh wrote:

Like smile ! We really need a new applications websites, that's connected to the eyeSoft repositories[...]

Thank you, Lars! smile

lars-sh wrote:

[...]Could you remove the shadow of the desktop icons' text, please?

Unfortunatly, eyeDesk and eyeApps seems to use the same class for the text's icons. So if I remove the shadow the text, if set on white for example, becomes more readable on the Desk but completly unreadable in eyeApp (except if I change its background to a dark one).

Otherwise, as you know how poor are my knowledges, any advise will be appreciated wink

#6 2012-03-30 19:35:01

s0600204
Website

Sable wrote:
s0600204 wrote:

[...]In the main menus, there is an off-white line after each item. I don't have anything against that, I just think it looks better if there isn't one after the final entry.[...]

As far as I can see, it seems that this line is coded in eyeDock or anywhere else and I can't find any soluce to remove it. But I'm not a developer and my knowledges are really poor hmm

This works for me:

.eyeDock_bottom_left_menu_entry_icon:last-child, .eyeDock_bottom_right_menu_entry_icon:last-child, .eyeDock_left_top_menu_entry_icon:last-child, .eyeDock_right_top_menu_entry_icon:last-child, .eyeDock_top_left_menu_entry_icon:last-child, .eyeDock_top_right_menu_entry_icon:last-child {
    border-bottom: 1px solid transparent;
}
Sable wrote:
lars-sh wrote:

[...]Could you remove the shadow of the desktop icons' text, please?

Unfortunatly, eyeDesk and eyeApps seems to use the same class for the text's icons. So if I remove the shadow the text, if set on white for example, becomes more readable on the Desk but completly unreadable in eyeApp (except if I change its background to a dark one).

Otherwise, as you know how poor are my knowledges, any advise will be appreciated wink

And this should hide the text shadow for the desktop icons and nowhere else:

.eyeDesk_iconsOver .eyeIcon_Text {
    text-shadow: none;
}

Hope this helps.

#7 2012-03-30 19:54:41

Sable

Of course, it helps! Many thanks s0600204, it's perfect now smile

As you see, I have a lot to learn: it's my first css experience...

So, now, my oneye's demo site and download's page are updated cool

Board footer