Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-04-04 04:23:11

jdfight

Debian Squeeze - Oneye working with LibreOffice!

Hi everyone -

I was able to get oneye working with LibreOffice on my Debian Squeeze system.  I had some difficulty figuring it out,  but here is what I did in case anyone else is having issues:

1) Uninstall OpenOffice,  then install LibreOffice from squeeze backports.

2) Then I followed the directions as outlined here : http://wiki.eyeos.org/Setting_Up_Office_Linux
    I had to make the following changes to the directions to get it to work:
   Step 1: copy youreyeOSDir/eyeOSxxxxxx/extras/OpenOffice/eyeOS.xba  to /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.4/share/basic/Tools
   Step 2: edit  /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.4/share/basic/Tools/script.xlb and follow the original instructions as specified.

3) It is very important that www-data is the owner of apache's root dir.  I ran sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www  To get this to work with Debian's default apache directory.  Then I restarted apache.

At first I ran into a lot of difficulty because I forgot to change the ownership of the /var/www directory.  now it works perfectly (and it runs better than eyeOS 2 ever ran on my system.  Maybe if I had HipHop php eyeOS 2 would be cooler tongue)

#2 2012-04-04 11:43:32

Ansem
Website

Re: Debian Squeeze - Oneye working with LibreOffice!

Too bad eyeOS2 is dead and so seems eyeos.org
So stick with oneye and let's make it the best desktop ever !
( so far it's the only one that's still supported and active on the web wink )

My website: http://www.dedeno.net - Learn Japanese
So many are still waiting for their new beginning, even you and even me

Board footer