Fork me on GitHub

#1 2011-07-24 17:13:38

caracartucho

[FIXED] spreadsheet problems

Hello:

I have installed eyeos 1.9.0.3 on my ubuntu server 10.10 with lamp and openoffice 2.4.
   After a lot of reading and try, i have activated openoffice and i can preview docs and xls. i also can edit doc files. but when i try to open any spreadsheet it opens me a blank sheet.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

In order to help you to know how is my system, here you have a step-by-step installation guide that i made for myself during my investigations.

https://rapidshare.com/files/686922995/ … eOS_1.9_EN

Fell free using it to help other new eyeOS admins like me.

I im finishing a better version in doc file in english and spanish. I will send them to you when finish.

Thanks again

Last edited by lucaferrario (2011-10-03 13:52:30)

#2 2011-07-24 23:44:09

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: [FIXED] spreadsheet problems

Office support for eyeos series 1 is quite ugly, sorry for that.
I just checked the code and the only thing, which seems to be able to break is the "unzip" command, but I guess Ubuntu comes with it for default?!

In case it's possible and you allow me I'd like to take a direct look at your eyeos installation. Maybe there are some php warnings...?

Btw: Do you already see the empty sheet table or just a white layer?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2011-07-25 01:53:03

caracartucho

For the moment i cant give you access bacause my router is not open, but i guess it will be open in a few days.

How can i get the php warnings?

If i use firefox, the spreadsheet app opens an empty sheet, but if i use chrome nothing appears.

#4 2011-07-25 02:24:34

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

I recommend you to activate the debug mode (please set it to 3). You can find it here: eyeOSxxxxxxxxxx/system/conf/system.xml .

You might need to use Firebug or another debug utility. Btw: Sadly the used spread sheets module is not compatible with webkit browsers...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2011-07-26 13:31:52

caracartucho

Hi Lars, I don't know where were the problem, but I've done a new installation with ubuntu server 11.04, LAMP and Openoffice 2.4.1 es, and everything works at first.

Thanks, anyway for your recommendations. Now it's time to put this server in production, and see how it works and what problems occurs. I'm sure that  I will need your help in future.

Thanks again.

Caracartucho.

P.D. I can't help you in development, but i can translate to spanish anything you need. Fell completely free asking me for it.

Last edited by caracartucho (2011-07-26 16:19:50)

#6 2011-07-27 01:41:51

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Good to know it's all working now. We'll need to work on a better office integration for oneye 0.9 when it's time to. I just think of "unoconv", which is available for Linux, Windows and Mac and also uses OpenOffice.org or even better LibreOffice to convert office files.

caracartucho wrote:

P.D. I can't help you in development, but i can translate to spanish anything you need. Fell completely free asking me for it.

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind smile !

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer