Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-07-29 10:59:12

eveline

GMail EyeOS app doesn't work

Hi there,

I'd like to use the GMail EyeOS app, but all I get is this:

http://eveline.home.xs4all.nl/bla/gmail … adface.png

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Eveline.

#2 2011-07-30 12:07:31

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: GMail EyeOS app doesn't work

The GMail application for eyeos series 1 is out of date, sorry.

But you can get the same just by creating a new link with the url to the GMail website on your desktop or in the dock.

Ask if you need some more help on this smile !

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2011-07-31 12:09:42

eveline

Thanks!

We have EyeOS 2.5 as well btw, but we don't use that because there exist no apps for that on eyeos-apps.org.

lars-sh wrote:

The GMail application for eyeos series 1 is out of date, sorry.

But you can get the same just by creating a new link with the url to the GMail website on your desktop or in the dock.

Ask if you need some more help on this :) !

#4 2011-08-03 11:11:17

lucaferrario
Administrator

Unfortunately Gmail has implemented a "frame buster": if it detects that it is loading into an iFrame, it stops loading and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
So it's impossible to access Gmail from inside eyeOS, even from eyeNav, and it's unlikely that there will be an easy way to overcome this in the future, unless Google changes its own mind (and it won't probably happen...)

#5 2011-08-16 14:27:22

eveline

Ah. At least that explains it.

Thanks.

lucaferrario wrote:

Unfortunately Gmail has implemented a "frame buster": if it detects that it is loading into an iFrame, it stops loading and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
So it's impossible to access Gmail from inside eyeOS, even from eyeNav, and it's unlikely that there will be an easy way to overcome this in the future, unless Google changes its own mind (and it won't probably happen...)

#6 2011-10-02 04:27:46

Jmulvaney

What about using something like Prism?

#7 2011-10-02 11:58:04

lucaferrario
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Jmulvaney!
Wow, I've never heard of Prism before....it sounds to be extremely cool!!! smile
I don't think that solves our Gmail problem (this has to be solved with the internal proxy FireWalkerX is building), but anyway it is a very cool application that I want to try to have my oneye system fullscreen and "as a native Windows application" smile

Board footer