Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-08-05 16:13:17

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Status update

Hello everybody,

cause of an accident I was not able to continue working on the current code base. In the next week I'll work on a business project, but hopefully I'll continue afterwards. Again, I'd like to say "Thanks!" to Luca smile .

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#2 2011-08-05 18:38:29

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Status update

In order to do at least some minor stuff I updated the system to oneye and added the new constant ONEYE_VERSION = 0.8.0 (while EYEOS_VERSION will be 1.10.0.0). That will help us keeping support for all the old code.

And finally I added the favicons to these pages - yeah xD ...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2011-08-09 11:02:30

lucaferrario
Administrator

Hi Lars,
many thanks! I'm "quite" on vacation (I work only a few hours a day and I don't always have a connection cause I'm abroad) and for this month I'll not have time to work on oneye, but expect some commits for the first weeks of september, cause I've already have something on my oneye to-do list.
I wish a great summer to everyone!

#4 2011-09-02 13:56:45

FireWalkerX

Hi, I've just registered on this site, and i was wondering, do you have a git or svn with the current version of "onEye" ?

i would like to check it out, and i also have a lot of ideas on making things more workable... right now, I'm working on "eyeNav" so that it will be the server your browsing from, not  the client, and i do have some ideas on how to make that work, basically, either have it run through the server as a preprocessor/proxy (halfway works as a proxy, but does some preprocessing to allow download of files to the server, and not on the client workstation), or using the server for rendering the pages shown, but the 2nd one doesn't scale quite as well...

Fabian

#5 2011-09-02 18:13:59

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Hi Fabian,

you can use http://eyeos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc … nches/1.9/ for the latest changes on the oneye code. In case you'd like to contribute your efforts directly to the community, just tell me your sf.net name and I'll grant you write access.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#6 2011-09-03 10:59:07

FireWalkerX

my sf.net name is firewalkerx :-)

#7 2011-09-03 20:44:33

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Please, follow the development section in the forums in order to (probably) coordinate some code freezes. You've won write access for that repository...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#8 2011-10-02 07:10:32

Jmulvaney

FireWalkerX wrote:

right now, I'm working on "eyeNav" so that it will be the server your browsing from, not  the client, and i do have some ideas on how to make that work, basically, either have it run through the server as a preprocessor/proxy (halfway works as a proxy, but does some preprocessing to allow download of files to the server, and not on the client workstation), or using the server for rendering the pages shown, but the 2nd one doesn't scale quite as well...
Fabian

I think it is important that an admin configuration option will exist to enable/disable the proxy option - and a field to specify the preprocessor\proxy server (or a load balanced IP address) so this can be a dedicated service .  For scalability and given the vision that every users app is a web-app accessed though a brower, I would prefer that processing (rendering) is distributed across the clients.  If I was to have a few thousand users under management then I imagine that would require a lot of proxy servers if all their browsing or SaaS web-apps went through this.  Unless I'm missing something here?  But in saying this, fully support the need to download files direct to server VFS and not the client device.

Last edited by Jmulvaney (2011-10-02 07:11:57)

#9 2011-10-02 13:55:37

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

You're absolutely right, the proxy functionality requires an additional option for traffic and (a lot more important:) security concerns. Maybe providing the proxy as official application, which can be installed manually is best? Development just goes on in the latest svn branch...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer