Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-06-17 06:02:25

sicay

Start eyeNav with fullscreen or maximize

Anyone please show me how to open eyeNav with fullscreen or maximize. i found in the app.eyecode file but don't know what value i must change to:

$myWindow = new Window(array(
      'name' => 'Your_App_Name_window',
      'father' => 'eyeApps',
      'title' => 'Your_App_Name',
      'cent' => 1,
      'width' => 900,
      'height' => 700,
      'sendResizeMsg' => 1,
      'sigResize' => 'Resize'
   ));

Sicay.

#2 2012-06-17 15:26:23

s0600204
Website

Re: Start eyeNav with fullscreen or maximize

Hi sicay,

Good question, and welcome to oneye.

To get eyeNav to start Maximised, add the following to ../apps/eyeNav/app.eyecode, preferably after line 234 and before line 235:

eyex('rawjs',array('js' => 'Windows.Maximize("'. $myPid .'_'. $myWindow->name .'")'));

Alternatively the following, inserted in the same place, will cause eyeNav to open in Fullscreen:

include_once(EYE_ROOT . '/' . APP_DIR . '/eyeNav/events.eyecode');
	eyeNav_on_Fullscreen();

If you should no longer wish eyeNav to open maximised or fullscreen, remove the lines again.

Hope this helps.

----

Lars,

What do you think about the idea of adding a 'saveSize' option to the window widget, a bit like the current 'savePosition' one, and having the system save the size (and whether it's maximised or not) in the same file as it saves window positions?

Such an option should probably be set to be 'on' be default, except on windows that don't have both the 'resize' and 'max' flags set.

#3 2012-06-17 23:43:31

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

sicay wrote:

Anyone please show me how to open eyeNav with fullscreen or maximize. i found in the app.eyecode file but don't know what value i must change to:

Do you want eyeNav to start up maximized for all users or just when clicking a specific link or from your own code of another application?

s0600204 wrote:

What do you think about the idea of adding a 'saveSize' option to the window widget, a bit like the current 'savePosition' one, and having the system save the size (and whether it's maximised or not) in the same file as it saves window positions?

Like that idea. What parameters do you think we could save?

<x>123</x>
<y>123</y>
<width>123</width>
<height>123</height>
<maximized>true</maximized>
<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>

I suppose they should be checked in reverse: Trying to get width and height and finally trying to get x and y correctly.
The second way'd be to store those parameters relatively to the bowsers width and height?!

PS: x, y, width and height should be set even if the window's getting maximized and / or to full screen afterwards. People might want to get back to the unmaximized state!
PPS: Another idea'd be to add state related settings to eyeLaunch and the link's command parser?!

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#4 2012-06-18 16:00:18

s0600204
Website

lars-sh wrote:

What parameters do you think we could save?

The parameters you suggest sound good to me. The only one I have concerns about is the 'fullScreen' parameter: when a window is set to fullscreen, the close button in the window's titlebar disappears. Thus, the only way for a user to close a window is to take it out of fullscreen, preventing that parameter from being 'true' when said window is closed.

I agree with restoring the parameters in reverse order of the given list, attempting to establish size before position. Also with saving x, y, width and height prior to a window being set to a maximized state (and not overwriting them whilst the window remains in said state).

Storing relative positions and/or sizes is an interesting idea, but I don't think it would be suitable for all windows. How about altering the range of acceptable values that 'savePosition' and the proposed 'saveSize' attributes accept so that '0' = 'don't save values', '1' = 'save absolute values' and '2' = 'save relative values'. This would permit app developers to decide how they want oneye to store the values, as well as permit size to be saved relatively and position absolutely (or vice versa) should that be desired.

Adding state-related settings to eyeLaunch and Links' command parser is an interesting idea and one that could be looked into.

#5 2012-06-18 18:33:23

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

This should be addressed for oneye 0.9.1 since I feature-freezed the code of 0.9.0 for now (see http://forums.lars-sh.de/viewtopic.php?pid=1010#p1010 ).

You're absolutely right. The fullScreen parameter shouldn't be saved.

I like your savePosition / saveSize idea. It'd even be retro-compatible. Btw: We should use constants for those values!

For commands we should use: minimized and (maximized or fullScreen or default). Am I correct?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer