Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-07-10 15:18:38

fasenderos
Member
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 26

Help on developing new oneye theme

Hi,

I have two questions about creating new oneye theme:

1) Is there a way to insert an external url into eyeDock?
I know I need to add an <element> into system\conf\skel\conf\eyeDock\conf.xml, but i don't know how to do that...


2) How to create a vertical drop-up menu with sub-menu in eyeDock (for e.g. http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/final_pullup.html )? I would like to create something like windows 7 start button.

Thanks in advance

Offline

#2 2012-07-19 20:11:33

fasenderos
Member
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 26

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

The theme is almost finished, maybe there's still something to change...
To create this theme I was inspired by bootstrap and ubuntu...
If anyone is interested here the demo http://desktop.moobios.com
Username: test
Password: test

Things todo:
1) Center the Login form...The problem is that to avoid that the files come under the sidebar, i set {left: 80px;} on the <div id="eyeApps">
2) Scrollable Sidebar like this: http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/ … tical.html

Let me know what you think and give me any suggestions   smile

P.s.: I had to edit some oneye core file...Obviously I made a backup of these files, but wanted to know if there is an override system.

Thanks

Last edited by fasenderos (2012-07-20 14:02:27)

Offline

#3 2012-07-20 17:29:44

s0600204
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2012-01-22
Posts: 118
Website

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

fasenderos wrote:

1) Is there a way to insert an external url into eyeDock?

Do you mean you wish to insert a link to an external website into eyeDock, or a link to something in the extern directory? Because the former is not possible, (although you could try running eyeNav, and passing the URL as a parameter) whilst with the latter, just take your inspiration from the currently existing options. (The conf.xml file is a little confusing, I'll admit.)

fasenderos wrote:

2) How to create a vertical drop-up menu with sub-menu in eyeDock

As far as I know, it's not currently possible to do this. It's worth looking into, but it would probably involve altering how oneye understands the relevant conf file. (And I don't personally have time to do this at the moment.)

fasenderos wrote:

Things todo:
1) Center the Login form...The problem is that to avoid that the files come under the sidebar, i set {left: 80px;} on the <div id="eyeApps">

Curiously enough, the conf.xml file that dictates what options appear in eyeDock already contains sections for sidebars - they're just not rendered. I'm not sure if this was something that was put in as a possible future feature, or something that was tried and removed. (Lars?) My theory is that if you can get oneye to render them (or at least the left-side one), then shift all the options from the top-bar into the left-bar (and restore the top bar to the, uh, top and hide it), then oneye should solve the misalignment for you (as the sidebars are supposed to be at the side of the screen). Also, the sidebars would give you somewhere to implement the Scrollable Sidebar.

Does that make sense?

fasenderos wrote:

2) Scrollable Sidebar

If you can get it working in oneye, then go for it. Of course, you may run into problems with the fact that oneye doesn't currently use jQuery (as far as I can work out) so a direct copy'n'paste is out the question, but it's reasonably simple enough to create something similar without jQuery.

fasenderos wrote:

P.s.: I had to edit some oneye core file...Obviously I made a backup of these files, but wanted to know if there is an override system.

The only time that I know of when a core file will be restored back to its (near-)original state is during an update either via lars' installer or by copying files downloaded from the repository. Of course bear in mind that any alterations to core files may affect the rest of the system (and prevent other themes from appearing correctly). If you list the core files you've altered, we could probably offer advice on minimising any effect to the rest of the system.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention - nice looking theme. Particularly like the wallpaper (although I think it'd look better positioned at "center center" rather than the default "center top"). Like I said to sable (http://forums.oneye-project.org/viewtopic.php?id=137) it's nice to have some alternatives to the default themes.

Last edited by s0600204 (2012-07-20 17:47:38)

Offline

#4 2012-07-21 16:56:09

lars-sh
Administrator
From: near Hamburg, Germany
Registered: 2011-07-14
Posts: 731
Website

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

Wow, I like that theme wink !

I suggest doing the following:

1) Adding a simple template system, that allows administrators to define outer html and an inner div (specified by id) for the desktop.
2) Adding a theme specific JavaScript to add features just like that scrollbar manually.


Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Offline

#5 2012-07-22 00:14:04

fasenderos
Member
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 26

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

s0600204 wrote:

Do you mean you wish to insert a link to an external website into eyeDock, or a link to something in the extern directory?

I mean a link to an external website...I solved it by inserting a custom navbar (bootstrap) in /apps/eyeX/app.eyecode

s0600204 wrote:

Curiously enough, the conf.xml file that dictates what options appear in eyeDock already contains sections for sidebars - they're just not rendered. I'm not sure if this was something that was put in as a possible future feature, or something that was tried and removed. (Lars?) My theory is that if you can get oneye to render them (or at least the left-side one), then shift all the options from the top-bar into the left-bar (and restore the top bar to the, uh, top and hide it), then oneye should solve the misalignment for you (as the sidebars are supposed to be at the side of the screen). Also, the sidebars would give you somewhere to implement the Scrollable Sidebar.

Does that make sense?

Yes, that make sense...However I can center the Login form by manually editing the style of the <div id="xxxxx_eyeLogin_1_Container" style:"display: block; height: 220px; width: 301px; position: absolute; left: 618px; top: 46px">....where are taken this style value? I tried searching the file to edit, but I could not find it...

s0600204 wrote:

The only time that I know of when a core file will be restored back to its (near-)original state is during an update either via lars' installer or by copying files downloaded from the repository.

that was exactly what I thought when I asked if there was a system override...something like joomla do for the template...infact in joomla each template have an "HTML" folder, where all the files inside it override the core files, so you do not directly modifying the core files and when you update to a newer version you don't loose your core modifications (override), and you can always revert back to the original core by simply deleting the HTML folder...
In my opinion this feature is really important and I suggest to insert it in the future release

s0600204 wrote:

If you list the core files you've altered, we could probably offer advice on minimising any effect to the rest of the system.

- /apps/eyeDock/modules/menu.eyecode
- /apps/eyeX/app.eyecode
- /extern/apps/eyeDock/eyeDock.js
- /extern/apps/eyeDock/eyeDock.min.js

s0600204 wrote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention - nice looking theme. Particularly like the wallpaper (although I think it'd look better positioned at "center center" rather than the default "center top")

Thanks for Everything... smile you're right, "center center" look better

lars-sh wrote:

Wow, I like that theme wink !

Thanks lars smile

lars-sh wrote:

1) Adding a simple template system, that allows administrators to define outer html and an inner div (specified by id) for the desktop.

Allows administrators to do..what?? I did not understand what you mean smile

Last edited by fasenderos (2012-07-22 07:50:44)

Offline

#6 2012-07-22 18:00:18

lars-sh
Administrator
From: near Hamburg, Germany
Registered: 2011-07-14
Posts: 731
Website

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

I mean creating a simple html template, that can be modified by server administrators to add things just like your top bar.

Could you send us/me the changed files, please?! I'd like to check if we can merge things into the system wink ...


Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Offline

#7 2012-07-22 18:32:18

fasenderos
Member
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 26

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

lars-sh wrote:

Could you send us/me the changed files, please?

Email sent... bootstrap is an amazing and light framework for developing template...would be great to include it in oneye wink

cheers

Offline

#8 2012-07-22 20:54:45

lars-sh
Administrator
From: near Hamburg, Germany
Registered: 2011-07-14
Posts: 731
Website

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

Thanks. I checked those three files for changes:

  • apps/eyeDock/modules/menu.eyecode

  • apps/eyeX/app.eyecode

  • extern/apps/eyeDock/eyeDock.js

Your apps/eyeDock changes should be possible through css, too. Try the following:

class_img {
	height: auto !important;
	width: auto !important;
}

The eyeX changes would require a simple html templating system.

I'm not sure about the extern/eyeDock changes, but I'm quite sure that could be done using css, too. Will take a deeper look during the next week.

PS: Do you mean Twitter Bootstrap?


Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Offline

#9 2012-07-23 09:38:26

fasenderos
Member
Registered: 2012-05-18
Posts: 26

Re: Help on developing new oneye theme

lars-sh wrote:

Thanks. I checked those three files for changes:

    apps/eyeDock/modules/menu.eyecode

    apps/eyeX/app.eyecode

    extern/apps/eyeDock/eyeDock.js

Your apps/eyeDock changes should be possible through css, too. Try the following:

class_img {
	height: auto !important;
	width: auto !important;
}

You're right... -1 file system modified, thanks smile

lars-sh wrote:

The eyeX changes would require a simple html templating system.

I'm not sure about the extern/eyeDock changes, but I'm quite sure that could be done using css, too. Will take a deeper look during the next week.

Of course I prefer to obtain the same result without editing the core files...let me know if you are able to do that and how you do that..thanks

lars-sh wrote:

PS: Do you mean Twitter Bootstrap?

yes

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB