Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-09-08 04:41:01

lucaferrario
Administrator

Development Roadmap - September/November 2011

Hi all,
since we're becoming more (welcome FireWalkerX!), I propose to set up a new topic every month with the features and bugfixes that we're working on, so that we don't work on the same things and Lars can better plan the releases.
So here you are what I'm working on and I'll release within september and october:

• [COMMITTED] Added IE9 support and fix the borders around checkboxes and radio buttons. I also made some modifications to improve the textboxes and textareas with all the browsers

• [COMMITTED] Some small bugfixes, like the correction of the order of buttons in messageBoxes (so that "Yes" is on the left and "No" on the right, as the user expects) and some fixes in the JS caching engine

• [COMMITTED] Some eyeDock bugfixes, regarding favourites management (gray/yellow stars click actions)

• [COMMITTED] Fix for applications containing flash objects. Now it's possible to open windows on top of them, while before the flash object always remained on the top (ex: eyeUpload's advanced tab, eyeTetravex)

• [COMMITTED] New integrated PDF reader (so the browser PDF plugin will not be needed anymore and plus we'll solve the problem of PDF object always remain on the top of the stack (the same thing that used to happen to flash objects, see previous point!). This reader will use the andreasgal's pdf.js project, sponsored by the Mozilla foundation. NOTE: It's disabled by default but it can be enabled via eyeControl, because it's still under development...in a few months it will get mature and it will become the default oneye PDF reader

• [COMMITTED] Updated the soundmanager2 library

• [COMMITTED] Activated HTML5 sound support. It uses Flash sound support only as a fallback when HTML5 audio is not supported (or on Internet Explorer 9, which theoretically implements HTML5 audio, but it sucks in practice)

• [COMMITTED] New logout. Now the sound correctly is not cut anymore and plus there is a loading image with a lightbox while logging out. Also, it now works in Opera Mobile too (before it didn't)

• [COMMITTED] Removed make_seed function from proc and all its call (from PHP 4.2.0 it's not useful to call srand and mt_srand, since they are automatically called from rand and mt_rand and if not reset they can lead to insecurities...in fact, in PHP compiled with Suhosyn patch, they're even disabled). Also corrected some wrong randomization (srand used as if it were rand, but srand does not return nothing)

• [COMMITTED] Disabled the window's position recording in eyeIframize, because it doesn't make sense (last eyeIframize execution could have been made on a totally different site than the current one)

• [COMMITTED] Did some code cleaning from obsolete functions

• [COMMITTED] Added $_SESSION['SCREEN']['is_phone'] boolean variable, which is 1 in case the user agent is a smartphone or 0 in case it's a pc or a tablet

• [COMMITTED] Removed the address bar after login in smartphones, to give a wider usable area (it works only on some phones supporting this feature)

• [COMMITTED] Added the unzoomable viewport for iOS tablets and Android tablets (not smartphone, because on a 3" screen you must have the zoom...while on a tablet it's a good idea to remove it, so you can use gestures for oneye interaction)

• [COMMITTED] Some bugfixes in eyeLogin

I'll update this entries as soon as I complete the features and commit them to SVN.
Please reply to this topic and post what you're working on in this month wink
I hope you like this idea...bye!
Luca

Last edited by lucaferrario (2011-11-29 02:17:57)

#2 2011-09-09 10:59:32

FireWalkerX

Re: Development Roadmap - September/November 2011

I think that is a good idea (Thanks for the welcome :-) )

ill be using my time on Navigator, our browser

• [COMMITTED] Build a simple proxy. Instead of building one, i will base it of lars' poxy plugin, and work from there. (basic version committed)

• [TODO] Build a preprocessor for handling javascript linking to content/pages.

• [TODO] Build a javascript injector, for adding right click popup menu, and upload from eyeOS/oneye option

• [TODO] Give feedback to the browser when its working, so that the user can see stuff is happening

i will update when i commit.

Fabian

::update::
added the feedback todo.
update regarding proxy.

Last edited by FireWalkerX (2011-09-23 21:49:41)

#3 2011-09-09 17:24:59

lucaferrario
Administrator

Hi FireWalkerX,
I think that the ability to download files directly to the oneye system was really needed, congratulations!
Will it be usable from eyeIframize too? That would be great, because would greatly simplify the integration of other apps into oneye!

#4 2011-09-10 04:18:51

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Hi both,

at first I've to say, that I really like to see the roadmap smile !
Fabian, I've just an idea of simplificating the proxy a bit. In order to get Facebook and Google Mail open up correctly in an iFrame we could insert some JS to manually change the frame's inner window variable to something these pages cannot check for. Finally we can even use JS to check location changes and throw the new url back to the eyeos server. This could even fix SOME problems with some Flash pages and JS in the webpage's code.

Okay, back to the topic... Luca, please tell me when you'd like me to throw a new release. Currently I'm working on a lot stuff for oneye 0.9 and my time for oneye 0.8 is quite limited. Maybe I'll go into some links/launcher problems, but just if I get lazy working on 0.9. Hope you're all oka with this?!

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2011-09-10 12:02:20

lucaferrario
Administrator

Hi Lars,
of course I'm ok with this! So I think that a new release could be thrown after Fabian has completed the proxy and I have completed the touch support and the new simple uploader (which can be considered part of it, since it will make tablet users able to upload multiple files at once and see the progress). For my part, I think that I'll be done within a month from now.

#6 2011-09-10 12:31:49

FireWalkerX

lucaferrario wrote:

Hi FireWalkerX,
I think that the ability to download files directly to the oneye system was really needed, congratulations!
Will it be usable from eyeIframize too? That would be great, because would greatly simplify the integration of other apps into oneye!

i was thinking of basically first get the navigator working, then integrate the backend, as some sort of service. in that way, anyone, would be able to make a "web browser" while the service basically takes care of it... but thats thinking ahead :-)

lars-sh wrote:

Fabian, I've just an idea of simplificating the proxy a bit. In order to get Facebook and Google Mail open up correctly in an iFrame we could insert some JS to manually change the frame's inner window variable to something these pages cannot check for. Finally we can even use JS to check location changes and throw the new url back to the eyeos server. This could even fix SOME problems with some Flash pages and JS in the webpage's code.

we are properly thinking more or less the same way, but with a different view on the handling :-) i plan on trying out a few different ways to get it done, i do have to say, that when i say a simple proxy, in reality i do mean more like a relay station, so the world sees the server as the client, not the users computer, as a client. and with javascript and php doing a little magic to the stuff received, and to stuff being send. like address rewriting, removal of browser _top frame, intercept ajax calls - with address rewrites etc

Luca, i work on a ship 14 days at a time, so in that period, i won't really be writing any code, due to lack of sleep in general :-) and besides, the internet on this boat, is worse than back in the days of schreeking modems... to read and answer your replies has so far taken me aprox 25 minutes, waiting for page loads lol, but when I'm home, and rested, i do have 10 days of programming time (14 days off). so now you know that i won't be able to give a precise time table, but i do hope for some commits by the end of this month :-)

Fabian

#7 2011-09-22 14:03:12

lucaferrario
Administrator

UPDATE: I'm a bit busy these days, due to the fucking university exams... I think that I'll complete my tasks by middle October wink

#8 2011-10-24 16:43:06

lucaferrario
Administrator

Hi guys,
as you can see, the development is proceeding... I've just committed HTML5 audio part, which I'm still optimizing for tablets and then I have to work on some eyeX patches for touchscreens.
FireWalkerX, do you have any update?
Is there anyone interested in developing? The first oneye release is not far...please jump into the project! wink

#9 2012-11-11 17:23:12

JFOC

any development news or there is no development anymore ?
Anyplace for drop some features request ?

thank you

#10 2012-11-11 17:50:13

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

I recommend you to check GitHub for updates wink

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer