Fork me on GitHub

#1 2013-07-08 05:22:20

latrotech

eyeLink fail if browser resized...

Hi All,

Haven't been around for a thousand years, couldn't believe eyeOs went propriety.  Thanks Lars for keeping this alive, Ive been trawling through the source and you have done some serious work.

Got a weird one for you:  When you do a manual re-size on a browser all the desktop eyeLinks seem to fail, is this a known bug or am I just going mad?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Shaun

#2 2013-07-08 15:26:09

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: eyeLink fail if browser resized...

Hi Shaun,

I went to http://wiki.oneye-project.org/0.9:demo and selected one of those systems at the top. After logging in I opened eyeApps, closed it and resized my browser window (IE10). Now I tried to open eyeApps again - and it worked.

That's how I tried to get the same situation, but I couldn't for the moment. Guess you need to be a bit more precise...

PS: Do you use the stable release, preview package or the GitHub files?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2013-07-10 07:55:37

latrotech

Hi Lars,

Thanks for the reply.  It turns out the the links dont break they just seem to take a long time to launch and this seems to be exasperated the more you fiddle with the browser size. I too went to http://eyeos.astroroxy.com/  and tried the resize, what I get is a crazy flicker from the desktop icons as they re-render in their new position.  I guess this is what is happening on my install, but as I have the desktop icons locked I dont get the flicker.

I hope you didnt think I was being critical, I was just asking if it was a known bug.  Mate I want you to know that I am very appreciative of the effort it must take to keep a project like this alive.  If I can help in anyway let me know. 

Cheers
Shaun

#4 2013-07-10 15:05:25

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Oh, I can explain that. While resizing the browser's Window oneye already sends requests to update the Desktop icons. That's a strange behaviour and I guess we shouldn't have done it that way.

...but that creates some requests and in case they're not all finished when you click an Icon, the new request to open an application goes into the request stack.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2015-10-31 13:49:49

Wolfy

That behavior threw me for a loop too while testing the new little routine to resize the background image.  Naturally I was resizing the browser window excessively to test the wallpaper.  The wall paper did fine, however, the icons went crazy and looked like they were jumping randomly all over the screen, until I stopped resizing the window and they caught up.

If you have desire to code, I have some serious ideas and half started projects (sometimes even full proof of concept tests) for apps that would modernize the whole system, streamline some of the app writing in the future, as well as put it ahead of most of the competitors in terms of both capabilities and long term usability. If you haven't seen, I posted some of my ideas and problems on the facebook page (yesterday was a good day in fact).  I'm really trying. I used to program Cobol, assembler and CICS on the big machines back when I rode my T-rex to work, but unfortunately I've never coded a lick of css, xml, javascript or php until about 6 months ago, so while my logic is most often impeccable, I just as often get bogged down with lack of knowledge of simple syntax.

Wolfy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oneye/
Currently accepting new users...  http://www.OS1.hawkwolf.net
onEye admins: OS1 is a beta testing hotbed. Non-core apps available upon request.

Board footer