Fork me on GitHub

#1 2011-07-19 19:02:39

Steven
Website

Great LARS

Really, really great !
Finally it gets interesting again.
I'll re-start oneye development immidiatly.

Thanks,
Steven

Steven Lobbezoo
[url=http://www.maisons-de-france.com]www.maisons-de-france.com[/url]

#2 2011-07-20 00:27:05

gunnarschlei
Website

Re: Great LARS

Hey is this Steven-fr?
If so, great to see you back again.

#3 2011-07-20 09:39:32

Steven
Website

Yes, it's the same !
Great to be back.

Steven Lobbezoo
[url=http://www.maisons-de-france.com]www.maisons-de-france.com[/url]

#4 2011-07-21 22:08:29

daniel

+1

#5 2012-02-20 16:39:07

Sable

Hi Lars and the community,

as told before

Steven wrote:

... Finally it gets interesting again...

I hope this new project will reborn the interest of old eyeos's community members.

I immediately go to test oneye 0.8 on my webserver and see the progress.

If needed, feel free to use the job I've done before (for eyeOS, eg. the french user's manuals) ;-)

#6 2012-02-22 02:06:24

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Hey Sable,

nice to see you back on stage smile ! Until now we've no new documentation and none of us has enough time to care about translations. I'd need to setup a new translation system some time. But updating the translation templates is a lot more work - sadly sad ...
But you might be interested in creating a well formed Wikipedia page?! There's a thread for that: Community » Wikipedia.

I guess the topic's titel is somehow wrong nowadays. Luca Ferrario is regularly committing fixes and s0600204 is working on great enhancements to the ACL management.

But though it's good to see you all like this. Thanks!

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#7 2012-02-25 21:12:29

espectalll123
Website

lars-sh wrote:

None of us has enough time to care about translations.

I could work with the Spanish translation if you want smile

Last edited by espectalll123 (2012-02-25 21:14:27)

#8 2012-02-26 08:27:49

Sable

Hi,

thanks for your welcome, Lars.
Sorry to be so late to answer but due to the flu epidemic in my area, I've worked a lot these days hmm

As far as I can see (and understand roll ), the actual oneye 0.8 seems to be very very similar to eyeos 1.10, isn't it? Don't you think it would be better to wait a have a real oneye entity, the oneye 0.9 I hope, to begin to write any text for it (user manuals, wikipedia's page, online help, etc.)? By "real oneye entity" or "oneye identity", I mean, eg.: "no reference to eyeos in the terms used in oneye, except as credits", a oneye original logo, a web visibility with dedicated domain name (note that almost all extensions for www.oneye are already reserved but a lot for www.on-eye are still free), etc.

Anyway, if you think it's time to begin to write something, I can help you by writing french translations of what you need (blog, wiki, user manual, etc. and, of course, oneye itself).

wink

#9 2012-02-26 18:26:56

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Hi Sable,

the internal version of oneye 0.8 actually is 1.10.0.1. For now none of us worked on moving the whole labeling over from eyeos to oneye. The name "oneye" isn't the best one I guess... It's reserved by companies in some countries (as far as I know) and there's no free internet address for our project. Any idea?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#10 2012-02-26 19:16:52

Sable

For oneye, a possibility could be www.on-eye.???: on gandi's site, you can see a lot of extensions available.

Otherwise,if you want to change the project's name (there were a lot of ideas in this old topic) but keep a reference to eyeOS, my preference goes to ineye: you can imagine what you want to explain the prefix "in" (eg. in the network) and a lot of domain's extensions are available (except .com, .de, .eu and .net) or meyeOS (pronounced "my OS") with all the domain's extensions available or eyedol (eye desktop on line).
Or, if you prefer a name more distant from eyeOS and more original, may be something like yodic for "Your Own Desktop In the Cloud" or mydol for "my desktop on line".

Edit: Ohohhh... Today, I had enough time to read more topics, understood a bit more about the future of oneye and found the right place to suggest a new name... Sorry for this post at the wrong place hmm

So, when your choice will definitly be made, and if you're OK, I'll reserved or help you to reserve the .fr wink

Last edited by Sable (2012-03-01 12:59:19)

Board footer