Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2013-10-16 17:09:18

k1llf@c3

eyeManageApps - Custom Dock

Hello,

I stumbled on oneye a while ago and have been tinkering with it for some time. I am running 0.9.0 and have been able to get most of the features running the way I want them.

I have a couple of questions regarding the eyeDock and eyeManageApps. The documentation is referencing 0.8.0 but the content was mostly applicable. I wish to have a custom dock for my default_users since they will not be needing some of the applications. When I run eyeManageApps as root, I only get the options to show/hide, refresh, or add element. There is no remove elements or modify or any other items. I found that if I manually move an item in the dock it does take effect, however it only affects my root user, not the default user.

How can I create a custom Dock for my default users? Just would like to do some cleanup so that I dont get bombarded with questions of "why cant I use this ...."

Thanks!

#2 2013-10-20 16:17:12

s0600204
Website

Re: eyeManageApps - Custom Dock

Hi k1llf@c3,

Welcome to oneye.

To modify/remove elements from the Docks, right-click (command-click on OSX) on the element you wish to modify/remove, and use the appropriate commands from the contextual menu.

To propagate your changes to the Dock from the Root user to the Default one, set-up the Dock as you would like as the Root user in browser then, switching to whatever file management you use on the webserver, copy the file system****/users/rt4/root/conf/eyeDock/conf.xml to system****/system/conf/skel/conf/eyeDock/conf.xml and all new users should use the altered layout. I realise having to move files around manually isn't a particularly nice way of doing things, but oneye is still under development. If you have time, and the inclination, feel free to implement something better.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Board footer