Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2014-01-24 21:55:33

sazearte

Ideas for the next version of Oneye.

Oneye webos is a very evolved that I appreciate greatly , however for the next version I think some points should be improved :
Ergonomics :
SEVERAL can select icons at the same time on the desktop, it seems essential .
Many of the different management office at the same time as Linux
A webos with effects like aerosnaps or windows trembling example would be nice ....

Prevent the selection of images in the office or in the écrande login and it is why I am interested actuelement , I'd put this code in eyedesk and eyelogin This script prevents the selection of text or image with the mouse:

<script type="text/javascript">
        / / <! -
                fFalse function ()
                {
                        return false;
                }
                ftrue function ( )
                {
                        return true;
                }
                document.onselectstart = new Function ( "return false ");
                if ( window.sidebar )
                {
                        document.onmousedown = fFalse ;
                        document.onclick = ftrue ;
                }
        / / ->
        </ script>

I have a immanse respect for the community , their work is really huge, and I appreciateany , I suggest just ideas for improving bone.
Level stability and control I had jamma bug apart with Libre Office so I have nothing to say the above .

#2 2014-01-26 13:11:04

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Ideas for the next version of Oneye.

Thanks for that suggestion. There's another way to accomplish this - via CSS, but there're some places, in which we need a selectable behavior and changing this for default would break those.

What do you think, is this mandatory?

PS: Do you know GitHub? I'd like to see this as issue on https://github.com/oneye/oneye .

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2014-01-26 15:14:38

sazearte

I'm just putting up aerosnaps.

When I'd finished and verify that there is no bug I think my offer modification.

To select multiple icons at the same time on the desktop by cons I do not know how.

#4 2014-02-28 18:37:25

lafleur

Hello everyone,
first, I am just starting out programming php. I am interested to help further Oneye to become a valuable tool for working online. It is the only open source initiative that has produced something that I consider a workable online desktop.

Here are some ideas, I'd like to explore:
- ensuring data security. meaning making sure that whatever i store in my oneye is secure. whether that means using remote storage in dropbox like solutions, on a personal NAS or encrypting the online data - i don't know.
- user security. login captchas. i run my own wordpress blog, and i have tools to ensure that the account cannot (easily) be misused. i think that users of oneye would use it more if they can trust it being safe from misuse. i think about my first coding project to be creating a captcha mechanism for oneye. it could also be a mechanism to use fb/g/y logins for authentication.
- a single-signon with wordpress and/or phproject. leading to the ability to use oneye as an online collaboration platfrom for multi-author blogging and/or open source project management.

My thoughts on the oneye target audience. i think everyone who runs their own NAS for remote accessing their files would potentially LOVE to have an oneye implementation (i know i would!). i think approaching a company like Synology may be worth the effort - IF we can create an active developer community and have a safe and extensible product. Imagine Oneye coming out of the box with a synology NAS :-). Pretty cool, imho. Zoho maybe another interesting company to talk to.

I will stop rambling now. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Stefan
http://www.insightknowledge.com

#5 2014-02-28 22:01:57

sazearte

This is good, I will like it too y'ait greater community developer for this project, designed to project how far could go!, It is very promising, I do not know why this project seems to be forsaken.

Board footer