Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2014-08-04 03:24:02

gmurray

Replace Iframe with Object

Iframes seem to break alot of stuff and i've found objects to work alot better.

How would i go about changing your systems iframe app to read objects instead?

Thanks

#2 2014-08-05 17:41:34

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Replace Iframe with Object

Please give us an example of content, which doesn't work in an iframe, but works in an object tag.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2014-08-06 04:45:32

gmurray

Well most of the html5 items ive personally been building for my joomla system doesnt function correctly in a iframe.

This is why i was wondering how hard it would be to convert the iframe to a object. I looked through the source and i couldnt find exactly where an iframe itself was being called.

Thank you

#4 2014-08-06 14:19:35

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Please give me some URL, so I can test things myself and decide, where to go.

The iframe is created in system_xxxxxxxxxx/extern/libs/eyeWidgets/BaseWidgets.js in function "Iframe_show", which is responsible for all oneye iframe widgets.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2014-08-06 23:25:26

gmurray

Ok, will check into and get you an example of one of our html layouts that doesnt work inside of the iframe.

Thank You

#6 2014-08-07 00:12:28

gmurray

Also, how do i setup a
new Flash(array('name' => 'flash1', 'father' => 'WND1', 'x' => 0, 'y' => 10, 'cent' => 1, 'src' => "link", 'width' => 500, 'height' => 400, 'flashParamsNames' => $flashParamsNames, 'flashParamsValues' => $flashParamsValues));

This with an object instead of flash?

I see it in the code, i just cant find a help file that explains the different types of arrays that can be built and the general options called for each.

#7 2014-08-07 18:36:37

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

You can see a good example of how to use the Flash widget at "system_xxxxxxxxxx/apps/eyeUpload/tabs/advanced.eyecode".

In "system_xxxxxxxxxx/system/lib/eyeWidgets/widgets/Flash.eyecode" the server part is handled. In "system_xxxxxxxxxx/extern/libs/eyeWidgets/BaseWidgets.js" you will find a function "Flash_show", which does the client side handling.

Sadly there's no documentation, so you will need to read the server side code to get rid of its functionality.

On the client side an "object" tag is created, which will contain a bunch of "param" tags. "flashParamsNames" and "flashParamsValues" are both arrays, which specify the "name" and "value" pairs of those params.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer