Fork me on GitHub

#1 2011-10-02 18:37:56

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Help needed: wiki documentation

Hey guys,

I just started doing new documentation. Using comments directly in the sources is something nice, but didn't work for eyeos and in order to give some visible results, I just started with some new pages in the wiki based on the old comments, but updated to the latest version.

Please, take a look at http://wiki.lars-sh.de/doku.php?id=0.8: … ces:extern and create similar pages for all the other services and libraries.

Everyone can help smile !

Let's hope this is a good restart of the documentation work. On future updates to the services and libraries we should - automatically - add required information to the wiki.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#2 2011-10-03 14:01:00

lucaferrario
Administrator

Re: Help needed: wiki documentation

Hi Lars,
look at how beautiful the documentation of roundcube is: http://roundcube.net/doc/phpdoc/.
And it seems to be all automatically generated with phpDocumentor!
I still need to have a look at phpDocumentor and understand how the code must be formatted for it to work correctly, but if we manage to make it work, we'll always have an updated documentation...FOR FREE! smile
What do you think about this?

#3 2011-10-03 15:39:40

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

I still need to take a better look at phpDocumentor for oneye 0.9, but didn't have enough time to do it just now. Please, get it working for oneye 0.8 and it's done smile ...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#4 2011-10-03 17:12:53

lucaferrario
Administrator

I add it to my personal to-do list wink I'll do it in a few weeks!

#5 2012-04-26 04:42:39

Syrion

Is it just me who's missing navigation in the wiki? I've followed a couple of links from this forum, but no navigation to be seen.

Found the sitemap, but It could definitely use some better navigation.

Last edited by Syrion (2012-04-26 05:40:56)

#6 2012-04-26 08:42:11

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Welcome Syrion,

you're absolutely right, but for now there's just no content, which we could "navigate" through. All current pages contain "just" additional information and are linked somewhere else.

Since http://doc.eyeos.org/ is offline, we might want to use our forums as documentation place in future?! It should be possible to write a phpDocumentation module for DokuWiki, since it's purely files based smile ...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#7 2012-04-26 13:50:08

Syrion

I've changed the starting-page earlier today to provide at least some pointers.

#8 2012-04-26 14:01:52

lucaferrario
Administrator

Thanks Syrion!
As I privately told Lars, we need to have a mirror of doc.eyeos.org online as soon as possible, since it is the most complete documentation available for the moment. I tried to build one, but I figured out that eyePlanet is broken and does not work, so probably doc.eyeos.org was patched in some way. Lars told me that he has already written to the guys who managed it.
If we succeed in having it online, maybe we could improve it instead of building a brand new wiki engine. That documentation is very practical to use and just need to be updated, IMHO...

PS = Thanks Syrion for the bug report, I've already banned that spambot ;-)

Board footer