Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-10-17 16:36:49

Edvin

Delete folder in Real Vfs module

Hi all,
I am trying run this amazing software to cooperate with samba and my server shares and i have small problem that i cannot move. For now I am running opensuse 12.1 and apache with itk module installed - I use this to run virtual host with oneye as user that has privileges to read and write shares thats are outside eyeos data folder, and I use vfs _module switched from virtual to real. Shared folders are linked to oneye by mount because symlinks doesn`t work for me. When I login to oneye i can do all stuff with files or folders thats are on desktop or in other eyeos file system - same things a can do also on linked folders, move, create, rename... BUT a cannot delete any folder in linked folders (files are ok) or move folders between linked and oneye filesystem, with files there is no problem so I think that this shouldn`t be because of permissions.
When i delete folder outside oneye i can see him in trash, but he still stay at his location, very strange is that i should move him (just inside shared folder) and he disappear from his first location and appear on right location :-) When I try move some folder from oneye to shared or from shared to oneye, oneye write me, that this folder is already here - he isn't there before and even after copy.
Any clue what i do wrong? I tried find solution on forum, but i didn't find similar problem. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Edvin (2012-10-17 16:39:27)

#2 2012-10-17 19:57:47

s0600204
Website

Re: Delete folder in Real Vfs module

Hi Edvin, and welcome to oneye.

May I ask how you are accessing the folders on the samba share(s) within oneye?

When you talk about 'linked folders', I'm assuming you mean the folders on the samba share?

#3 2012-10-18 10:29:46

Edvin

Hi S0600204, I have mounted (use mount --bind path-to-samba-files path-to-oneye-files)  samba share to folder that is in folder "files" in oneye and yes you are right that when i speak about linked folder I mean folders thats are also available from samba.

Last edited by Edvin (2012-10-18 10:32:36)

#4 2012-10-23 21:33:45

s0600204
Website

Hi again Edvin,

My apologies for the wait.

After looking into it, I can indeed confirm that there is a problem with deleting and moving folders on samba shares from within oneye. The problem seems to be a problem with PHP not wanting to move files between partitions/shares. In other words, you're not doing anything wrong.

I've come up with a solution:

1. Please open this link in an new tab/window in your browser: https://raw.github.com/s0600204/oneye/d … al.eyecode

2. On the computer where you've installed oneye, navigate to [EYEROOT]/system/services/vfs/modules/

3. Replace the contents of the file found there real.eyecode with the text found at the link in point 1.

Hopefully, this should solve your problem. If it doesn't (or even if it does) I'd love to know.

#5 2012-10-31 09:58:50

Edvin

s0600204 wrote:

Hi again Edvin,

My apologies for the wait.

After looking into it, I can indeed confirm that there is a problem with deleting and moving folders on samba shares from within oneye. The problem seems to be a problem with PHP not wanting to move files between partitions/shares. In other words, you're not doing anything wrong.

I've come up with a solution:

1. Please open this link in an new tab/window in your browser: https://raw.github.com/s0600204/oneye/d … al.eyecode

2. On the computer where you've installed oneye, navigate to [EYEROOT]/system/services/vfs/modules/

3. Replace the contents of the file found there real.eyecode with the text found at the link in point 1.

Hopefully, this should solve your problem. If it doesn't (or even if it does) I'd love to know.

Hi S0600204,
sorry for my late answer, I was on bussiness trip i China and i was unable connect to my server :-/ I overwrite file that you send me, but no change at all :'-(

#6 2012-10-31 11:30:23

Edvin

Aaaa, sorry s0600204 i tried your file with new instalation and i forgot rewrite module to real, now it is working like a charm. Thanks you very much for your help.

Last edited by Edvin (2012-10-31 11:31:26)

#7 2012-10-31 13:21:06

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Looks fine. Just commented. You can already start a pull request, s0600204.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer