Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-08-19 03:36:43

Ahhk

Installation compatibility

Hi all!

Couple of questions:

The installer flags my "disable_functions" setting since I have "exec,passthru,shell_exec,system,proc_open,popen,curl_exec,curl_multi_exec,parse_ini_file,show_source" listed. Which of these does oneye need and for what?

Most importantly, the eyeOS docs only give details for OpenOffice and not libreoffice. Im running CentOS 6 x64 and it apparently doesnt like OO - plus it mentions using a much older version of OO. Are there any tricks or version restrictions for using oneye with LO?

I have libreoffice (3.4.5.2) installed, but when I tried to open a XLS, I get the following error:

Warning: fopen(./users/rt4/root/tmp/26728_new.tmp): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oneye/public_html/system_822b0611ad/system/services/vfs/modules/virtual.eyecode on line 1281 Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/oneye/public_html/system_822b0611ad/apps/eyeVisor/events.eyecode on line 82 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/oneye/public_html/system_822b0611ad/apps/eyeVisor/events.eyecode on line 83

I copied the eyeOS.xba to /usr/lib64/libreoffice/basis3.4/share/basic/Tools/, and added the library:element to the script.xlb

System/Office Support still says "Please follow the instructions at Help Console." Manually adding the "<OFFICE_PYTHON_PATH>/usr/bin/python</OFFICE_PYTHON_PATH>" resolved this though.

I tried opening a DOC, and got the same error: "Warning: fopen(./users/rt4/root/tmp/50568_new.tmp): failed to open stream....". So, I looked in the /users/rt4/root/tmp/ folder and there is only a "50568.doc".

Im confused.

My guess is that 50568 is the temp file passed to LO, and 50568_new is supposed to be what LO creates......?

Thanks for any feedback!

And thanks Lars for the effort on the project. I think it will be great when I get it running.

Last edited by Ahhk (2012-08-19 20:05:30)

#2 2012-08-19 09:05:09

Ahhk

Re: Installation compatibility

Might it have anything to do with any of these settings from system.xml?

<FORMAT_PARSER>OpenOffice</FORMAT_PARSER>
<OFFICE_SCREEN>1</OFFICE_SCREEN>
<OFFICE_COMMAND>soffice</OFFICE_COMMAND>
<OFFICE_USE_DISPLAY>1</OFFICE_USE_DISPLAY>
<OFFICE_SEPARATOR_ARG>'</OFFICE_SEPARATOR_ARG>
<OFFICE_PYTHON_PATH>/usr/bin/python</OFFICE_PYTHON_PATH>  <--I added this manually (it didnt change the error) but now shows the path in System/Office Support

I ask about the display settings since I do NOT have Xvfb installed (someone said in a thread here that it wasnt really needed).

Changing OFFICE_SCREEN and DISPLAY to 0 didnt seem to fix anything. hmm

Help?

Anybody?

Last edited by Ahhk (2012-08-24 06:20:58)

#3 2012-09-02 21:27:55

Ahhk

Nobody has any ideas huh?

#4 2012-09-03 11:18:39

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2012-09-03 16:57:18

Ahhk

Thanks, but no it doesn't. I looked/searched for any post related to OO/LO and linux/CentOS64 beforehand and only found one reference to the error Im getting - but no real solution.

There's something going on with permissions or the lack of a Xterminal I think. Not really sure. I'm not a linux expert sadly.

#6 2012-09-03 17:03:22

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

So even updating to the latest development revision does not help?

You could try giving full permissions to temporary directories LibreOffice might use, maybe it even helps to give full permissions to your LibreOffice executables?!

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with CentOS. Things get developed on Windows 7/8 and tested on Ubuntu only.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#7 2012-09-05 22:42:42

s0600204
Website

lars-sh wrote:

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with CentOS. Things get developed on Windows 7/8 and tested on Ubuntu only.

On the other hand, I develop on Debian and occasionally test on OSX. I wouldn't call myself an expert with Linux either, though. Anyhow...

I've spent a few hours looking into the problem at hand:

Setup:

• Virtual Machine running CentOS 6.3 x86_64, w. apache (w. php) & libreoffice 3.4

• oneye and unoconv are taken from their respective git repositories, date: 4th September 2012

Tests:
(What I checked for, what I modified, and the result)

Interference from SELinux...
...SELinux disabled completely
...no difference

Permissions...
...ensured oneye, unoconv, libreoffice, python are all set so anyone can read/execute
...no difference

Syntax error...
...Recoded eyeConvertor to output the exact shell command it was constructing, including arguments to a plain text file. Copied and pasted command into terminal window.
...Within terminal window, the shell command works as expected - it converts! In oneye, still failure. Shows that the command is syntaxically good.

Python refusing to run unoconv...
...Edited unoconv and wrote 'print "running"' just after the imports
...Both in terminal window, and in the plain text file, phrase "running" is output. Shows that python is running unoconv, but unoconv is failing quietly.

Fault within unoconv itself...
...Edited shell command being passed to cause unoconv to be verbose.
...This is what unoconv output:

Verbosity set to level 3
Using office base path: /usr/lib64/libreoffice
Using office binary path: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program
DEBUG: Connection type: socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ComponentContext
DEBUG: Existing listener not found.
DEBUG: Launching our own listener using /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin.
LibreOffice listener successfully started. (pid=2448)
DEBUG: Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin (pid=2448) exited with 0.
Error: Unable to connect or start own listener. Aborting.

Problem with LibreOffice...
...Uninstalled LibreOffice 3.4, installed LibreOffice 3.6
...Works fine in terminal window. But this is what unoconv output when called from within oneye:

Verbosity set to level 3
Using office base path: /opt/libreoffice3.6
Using office binary path: /opt/libreoffice3.6/program
DEBUG: Connection type: socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=2002;urp;StarOffice.ComponentContext
DEBUG: Launching our own listener using /opt/libreoffice3.6/program/soffice.bin.
LibreOffice listener successfully started. (pid=2461)
DEBUG: Process /opt/libreoffice3.6/program/soffice.bin (pid=2461) exited with -6.

...In this case, the exit code is a SIGABRT (abort signal) from Linux

Requires headless package...
...Returning to LibreOffice 3.4, installed the headless package from repository
...Still works fine in terminal window. But the error code has changed when called from within oneye:

Verbosity set to level 3
Using office base path: /usr/lib64/libreoffice
Using office binary path: /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program
DEBUG: Launching our own listener using /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin.
LibreOffice listener successfully started. (pid=4915)
DEBUG: Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin (pid=4915) exited with 77.

Anyone any ideas? Anything I may have overlooked?

Edit: To try the headless package alongside LibreOffice 3.4

Last edited by s0600204 (2012-09-13 18:47:22)

#8 2012-09-20 05:23:41

Ahhk

s0600204 wrote:

On the other hand, I develop on Debian and occasionally test on OSX. I wouldn't call myself an expert with Linux either, though. Anyhow...

I've spent a few hours looking into the problem at hand:

I've tried most everything you mentioned and it still wont work for me either hmm

But Im far from being a linux expert myself. I know just enough to really mess stuff up smile

#9 2012-10-16 21:15:33

s0600204
Website

I've worked it out.

I think.

But before I tell you what I suspect it is, could someone (with CentOS) just verify the following:

• In a terminal, type and run "cd /var"

• Run "ls -l" and find the line ending in "www"

• In the middle of that line, does it read "root root" ?

• And at the start of that line, does it read "drwxr-xr-x." ?

If the answer to both is "yes", then could you try changing the permissions so that apache can read and write to this folder.

And then try a conversion within oneye. Twice. (The first attempt will probably fail.)

Edit: Read the next post. Please. Thank you.

Last edited by s0600204 (2012-11-29 00:22:05)

#10 2012-11-29 00:21:56

s0600204
Website

Hi guys, just a little update on this from my vantage point:

I've recently made some modifications to Unoconv (the python script oneye uses to convert office files) and submitted it to be checked and pulled upstream. If accepted, then the above problem should be fixed. *fingers crossed*

If anyone wishes to try it out, they can grab a copy from my fork of Unoconv on GitHub, via this link: https://github.com/s0600204/unoconv/archive/master.zip Unzip that into EYE_ROOT/extras/, rename the resulting folder to "unoconv", make sure your web server can read it, and you should be good to go.

#11 2012-11-29 01:45:53

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Seems to be a great change smile .

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer