Fork me on GitHub

#1 2011-08-14 18:33:29

chris...

[FIXED] Opening the same file twice quickly

If I open the same text file twice in quick succession the first instance cant be closed

#2 2011-08-15 01:27:08

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: [FIXED] Opening the same file twice quickly

I can reproduce this with the latest development revision on Firefox 7 (Aurora) on Windows 7, too.

Thanks for the report. This seems to be a problem with the session management of php, which does not mean, that we shouldn't work around that.

I guess, that while the first request read the current session data and processes the second request takes over the same point of the session data and processes, too. Finally php saves the session data of both requests, while overwriting one of them by the later one. So the php side of eyeos does not know, that two instances of that application are running.

What can we do to abort this? We could limit the number of requests or just delay new requests while others are still working. Luca, what do you think?
Using setTimeout and the mouse cursor image counter should make this quite simple. It could fix some ugly behavour with chat scripts, too. BUT it could even slow down eyeos in some places.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2011-08-15 05:58:17

chris...

I would think it would be better to just bring up the existing open file rather then opening another. But I'd imagine you'd still have the same issue as it wuldnt know that the file have been generated if done quickly enough

#4 2011-08-16 02:57:52

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Comparing this behavior to Windows systems eyeos works "the right way". As far as I remember, most Linux distributions work just the same way.
Please, send me a mail to mail@lars-sh.de with the link to this topic as content, so I've a remainder to work on this soon smile !

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2011-08-27 01:21:53

lucaferrario
Administrator

Hi!
Sorry for the delay, I was abroad (and I'm still abroad until the 30th, actually).
The smartest solution would probably be to disable every click for 1 second after an icon (app launcher or file) or a menu item has been clicked.
I also think that this should have low priority, since it is mainly a "user mistake preventer" and not an oneye bug.
Do you guys agree?

#6 2011-08-29 11:09:18

chris...

I consider it to be low priority
Users that are use to double clicking will create this bug when set to single slick, also may be initiate by impaitent users/network latency/overloaded server

#7 2011-09-01 23:43:33

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer