Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2013-03-01 18:47:25

MCC-Nash

Problems with special charactars

Hi guys i am brand new to oneye and I love it...

i set the file system to real, because i wanna upload my files via ftp and later download them again via ftp so that i am not limited to oneye.

now i have a problem with files and folders.

if a foldername or filename has special characters inside like ü ä ö and so on, it shows the folder but no folder name and i cant open the folder

same with files. if a file has one of this characters inside i cant open the file, neiter with a left click or a right click. with a right click it is not even showing anything in the contect menu.

how can I fix this issue? utf-8 support?

It would be a nightmare if i had to rename everything.

Thanks for your help guys.

#2 2013-03-02 04:28:56

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Problems with special charactars

oneye is compatible to UTF-8 only. Please, check your filesystem's settings.

PS: What happens if you create such a folder from within oneye?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2013-03-02 04:43:26

MCC-Nash

hi there,
thanks for your reply.

what settings do i have to check?

if i create the folder "über ältere" in oneye i will get über ältere as folder name. if i click the folder in oneye the openwith dialoge box opens up...

#4 2013-03-02 06:06:32

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Thanks, it seems your server's file System is not configured as UTF-8 encoded fs.

What OS and file System are you using?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2013-03-02 13:17:57

MCC-Nash

HI there,

the server is running Linux CentOS according to the information i have, but i have to confirm it later on...

if i upload files with ä ü and so on via ftp its no problem. The files get uploaded exactly as they are...

I found an utf8.php on the oneye server do I have to put it somewhere on my server?

#6 2013-03-02 18:17:35

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

1. utf8.php should ne installed correctly already. oneye wouldn't work without it.
2. You could check the encoding settings inside your FTP application.
3. I guess you're using a webhosting package? Then there might be no way to solve this easily. All we could do is adapting our internal file system functions to handle non UTF-8 systems correctly.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#7 2013-03-02 19:17:19

MCC-Nash

yes i use a hosted server
thats what available

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/h … ing-system

but i cant change it since i am on a shared server...

what you mean by adapt your internal filesystem? but than a pdf would be converted to something else right? i wanna upload a pdf as a pdf and so on, to also have no issues with downloading. it is easier via ftp as via oneye I believe...

is there a way to modify oneye to open such files? I can upload files with the special charakters correctly but oneye cant just handle them somehow...

also having trouble opening docx, xlsx and everything with an "x" on the end (office documents)

#8 2013-03-02 19:58:42

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

MCC-Nash wrote:

what you mean by adapt your internal filesystem? but than a pdf would be converted to something else right? i wanna upload a pdf as a pdf and so on, to also have no issues with downloading. it is easier via ftp as via oneye I believe...

is there a way to modify oneye to open such files? I can upload files with the special charakters correctly but oneye cant just handle them somehow...

oneye cannot handle such files, cause their file name is not UTF-8 compliant. We'd need to adapt our (the oneye project's) file system service in order to handle non UTF-8 files, too. I'm not sure right now, if it's that easy, since I'd need to do some tests first. Please, contact me via mail: mail@lars-sh.de .

MCC-Nash wrote:

also having trouble opening docx, xlsx and everything with an "x" on the end (office documents)

Our office support does not allow opening those OpenXML files for now, sorry.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer