Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-09-09 01:47:52

lucaferrario
Administrator

Need help for eyeUpload improvement

Hi All,
as I wrote in the other topic, I'm trying to integrate the Valums Ajax Uploader into eyeUpload with some adjustments, making it the new "simple" mode.
Since my knowledge of the oneye architecture is not yet advanced and the documentation is quite old and incomplete, I'd like to ask something conceptual to one of the eyeos' veterans (Lars, Mattew, Daniel or any other eyeos expert reading).
There will be 2 components:

1. A javascript class, which let the user choose the file and then sends the data via POST to a php script on the server

2. The php script, which receives the data, validates it, saves it and tell the browser about the progress.

So, I'll use the extern service to send the JS to the user....then the JS wants to know an URL to use as the action for the POST submission. How can I tell the JS what is the PHP's URL? Should I put the PHP in the extern folder too, to make it available from the external, or what else?

Thank you very much!
Luca

#2 2011-09-14 06:48:14

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Need help for eyeUpload improvement

Hi Luca,

you can use the following path to access php signals directly (it's the same way we do XmlHttpRequest calls):

global $checknum;
$path = 'index.php?checknum=' . $checknum . '&msg=' . $signal;

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer