Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-07-22 09:07:16

amazonwebservices

Work Loads

I would like to make a proposal:

1. Lars can not do all the work (that is impossible).  It seems that he has always carried the water to the top of the mountain for all of us.
2. We need to create a roadmap of features and split into groups.
3. Infrastructure needs to be assessed - needs and so forth.

The most important this is work loads and then assess who can handle these loads the fastest.

This is what we are working on.

1. Cloud port to Middleware -  80% complete
2. Office integration with Open Office and MS port - 45% done
3. Admin back end - 100% done with migration to cloud controls
4. Cloud office port - 20% done
5. Movie editor open source - 100% done
6. App Server with development tools - 100% done
7. Music cloud - 100% done with Mplayer integration for iPhone - Android - Black Berry
8. Cloud Port to Specific WSO2 Middle Ware for Eclipse on Java Cloud - 100%
9. Full ecommerce and live video via Android - Red 5 Flash 100% done.
10. Facebook integration 100% complete.

This is where we are at.

Our images: emi, eri and eki. These are acronyms - emi stands for eucalyptus machine image, eri stands for eucalyptus ramdisk image, and eki stands for eucalyptus kernal image. Amazon has similar references for their images - ami, ari, and aki.

Plus creation of a ‘volume’ which is a detachable block storage device. You can think of it as a USB hard drive. It can only be attached to one instance at a time, so it does not work like a SAN. If you wish to expose the same volume to multiple instances (or users), you will have to use an NFS or SAMBA share from an existing instance.

We are building our own Cloud service right now and will roll out instances of our version of the product by the first of the Year.  We are working on fixing the port to Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Last edited by amazonwebservices (2011-07-22 09:12:21)

#2 2011-07-22 15:29:54

daniel

Re: Work Loads

I think that right now we can do 2 lists:
1. Wanted features
2. Available developers

Then we should wait for this 0.9 thing and then we should have a discussion (what about a meeting?) with everyone in list 2., where we discuss what we want to (and can) do from list 1. and then assign the work to each people.

What do you think?

#3 2011-10-02 05:21:15

Jmulvaney

I second this and wish to play an active role (more around strategy than as a developer but will happily put my developers onto this or contribute in other ways).  I was about to go down the eyeOS route until I discovered this site (thankfully).  I shall need to do a little more research and keen to learn just how active this community is.  A roadmap would be very useful if one exists.  As I am based in Australia and looking to build a multi-tenant business solution/service (Cloud Services Broker) for the SMB community across southern hemisphere (will leave north for you guys to conquer!), I would prefer to collaborate with my european likeminded partners rather than to build an entire team from scratch over here down-under.

Last edited by Jmulvaney (2011-10-02 06:02:26)

#4 2011-10-02 14:31:12

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Hi Jmulvaney,

the oneye community seems to be growing from week to week. Slowly, but it's growing. We're in need of developers taking the old eyeos code and improving it or eventually rewriting it partly.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer