Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-10-05 12:12:08

Ansem
Website

Discussion started about the future of EyeOS

http://forums.eyeos.org/index.php/topic,7085.0.html

I started this topic to see if there is any future.
They say there is, but I still say I have a point about their 2.x system not being finalized.

What do you think about this and the response ?

My website: http://www.dedeno.net - Learn Japanese
So many are still waiting for their new beginning, even you and even me

#2 2011-10-05 18:10:42

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Discussion started about the future of EyeOS

I just answered in the eyeos forums...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2011-10-05 18:37:00

lucaferrario
Administrator

Re: Discussion started about the future of EyeOS

I think that oneye 0.8 is a great base to work on....
Lars is already working on 0.9, while me and others from the community are working on upgrades to 0.8... If some other developers like our philosophy to be "community-driven" instead of "company-driven" and join us, we'll have the horsepower to create a great web os wink

(NOTE: it doesn't mean that company usage is not allowed... I know that Lars is doing some commercial projects, probably me too will do some projects in the future, and some others users for sure...but in no ways the oneye future decisions will be based on companies' roadmaps, leaving the community out from the project's "control room". The community will write the roadmap all together.
I also hope that all the people who will use oneye for their own businesses will contribute with code (or pay a developer to code), so the whole project will grow with benefits for everyone, home users and companies (if not abused, this model is the winning one, and there are tons of projects demonstrating this).

Board footer