Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2011-12-07 07:42:47

redfan9

Windows Installation OnEye 1.8/1.9

Hi All.

My name is Mad and i'm a newbie user of OnEye.
Lets get down to the main point.
So, first of all i just found that there are differences between the 2.x and 1.x of EyeOS.
Since i know about EyeOS first, so i've tried the 2.x versions. but this 2.x version is not work well with my Windows XP machine and then i read some articles in the forums.eyeos.org explaining that there are different architecture between 1.x and 2.x
So, here i am want to try the 1.x version. i've downloaded the lastest version of OnEye at lars-de.com and i will apply it on my Windows XP machine.

The problem is i can't found any documentations about how-to install this 1.x version or i just could use the Manual Documentation for windows at forums.eyeos.org?
i mean, since it has a different arch so i think OnEye also have different pre-installation equipment to configure so that it can run well on Windows.

Pardone me for my poor english and Thanks before.

regards,
Mad.

#2 2011-12-07 18:49:48

Ansem
Website

Re: Windows Installation OnEye 1.8/1.9

You need a webserver, seeing as how you didn't even figure that one out, I'm strongly suggesting it's not something for you to try, it will take a lot of time and frustrations without the basic principles of websites and hosting.
If you however, still want to, take not it'll take some time and effort.

For you, look up WAMP and also look at "webserver on pc" "apache and php"

My website: http://www.dedeno.net - Learn Japanese
So many are still waiting for their new beginning, even you and even me

#3 2011-12-07 20:01:45

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Hi Mad,

in order to run oneye 0.8 (previously eyeos 1.9) you need to run a web server and PHP 5. Just download the latest Release Candidate from http://forums.lars-sh.de/viewtopic.php?id=66 . The final release of oneye 0.8 shouldn't change in relevant places. That package comes with a readme file, that explains the further installation. It's mainly extracting the files and calling the installer. Our installer does nearly everything for you ;-) ...

Please, tell us if you need some more help.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#4 2011-12-08 19:07:46

redfan9

Ansem wrote:

You need a webserver, seeing as how you didn't even figure that one out, I'm strongly suggesting it's not something for you to try, it will take a lot of time and frustrations without the basic principles of websites and hosting.
If you however, still want to, take not it'll take some time and effort.

For you, look up WAMP and also look at "webserver on pc" "apache and php"

lars-sh wrote:

Hi Mad,

in order to run oneye 0.8 (previously eyeos 1.9) you need to run a web server and PHP 5. Just download the latest Release Candidate from http://forums.lars-sh.de/viewtopic.php?id=66 . The final release of oneye 0.8 shouldn't change in relevant places. That package comes with a readme file, that explains the further installation. It's mainly extracting the files and calling the installer. Our installer does nearly everything for you ;-) ...

Please, tell us if you need some more help.

i'm sorry guys, i assuming you get a misunderstanding about my problem. it's my fault.

it's not that i don't know about the basic thing installing the oneye, i mean, i'm majoring IT too now in my university. i've wrote before that i've try and success installed the eyeos 2.5 in my WinXP machine but it doesn't work well so that i'm trying to install oneye instead. and because of that i'm assuming that you guys know that i've passed the basic thing, such as installing a webserver with PHP 5, mysql, etc. i'm really sorry bout that. i should explain it clearly in the first place.

So, here is my problem guys, i've downloaded the oneye from the link that the admin gave me and installed that in my XAMPP webserver (of course it also came with PHP 5), but after i run the oneye i just get that i couldn't make a new document with eyeDocs app. i don't know what really happen because the app is working but it just cannot save the document i made. it give me error message:

EyeErrorException : mkdir() [<a href:"function.mkdir"</a>]: No such a file or directory.

anyone know how to solve it?

i thought it was about the permission, but then i check the chmod permission, but also that is no problem with that. so i get no clue to solve this problem. i'm assuming i've not installed oneye properly so that i want to know about the installation documentation of the oneye since it's wiki page still underconstruction. i've installed the oneye 0.8 using eyeos 2.3 installation documentation that i've found in the eyeos forums.

thanks before.

regards,
Mad.

#5 2011-12-08 20:55:21

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

lars-sh wrote:

That package comes with a readme file, that explains the further installation. It's mainly extracting the files and calling the installer. Our installer does nearly everything for you ;-) ...

To set up office support the following wiki page might be interesting for you: http://wiki.eyeos.org/Setting_Up_Office_Microsoft

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer