Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-01-03 21:08:53

Dutchy66

Window management fixes

lars-sh wrote:

There is a blocking bug report about window dragging in the latest Chrome installations. The report can be found at  . I need some feedback!

In time I just added the following:

* Fixed eyeMp3 window handling. (7323)
* Silent eyeMedia notifications. (7324)

Hi Lars,

As I don't know exactly what is reported I just did some random testing.
What I experience is that sometimes you can't drag one windows over another. The dragged window seems to get stuck behind the edge of the other window.
In that case the cursor changes back to an arrow and the dragging is lost, unless you keep dragging back to the dragged windows where it will pick it up again.
It certainly doesn't happen all the time but in 5-10% of the attempts.

added: After some more testing it only seems to happen when dragging over another window from the bottom. I can't reproduce it when dragging from the sides or the top.

tested on latest svn release with Google Chrome 16.0.912.63

Hope this helps you...

regards

Robert

Last edited by Dutchy66 (2012-01-03 21:14:33)

#2 2012-01-03 21:44:27

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Window management fixes

Sorry Robert, I'd just forgotten to paste the link... It's http://forums.lars-sh.de/viewtopic.php?id=75 (as edited above).

Thanks for testing. I'll check things just now... Will report things back here in some minutes.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2012-01-03 23:34:59

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Window management fixes

Okay guys, Lars is just a bit too enthusiastic...

Can someone check the window system of the latest development snapshot, please? (see http://wiki.lars-sh.de/snapshots for some help)

I just fixed a lot problems with browser plugin handling (pdf plugin, flash based applications) by just replacing "style.display" use cases to use "style.visibility". It seems the windows lack for some milliseconds after moving or resizing. Is visibility slower than display?

Additionally the drag background is shown for all windows and there's no more flickering when maximizing!

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer