Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-01-25 11:54:19

niomax

Web Browser Issue

Hi to all,
I want congratulate with a great work that the team done on OneEye it is really amazing and fast web os.
My question is simple, when i use the integrated browser web , i receive a blank page from websites as GOOGLE and Yahoo , but it work fine on others sites. Why?
Maybe i must set something ? There is a way to solve this problem ?

Thanks in Advance and sorry for my english!

Marco

#2 2012-01-26 04:38:14

s0600204
Website

Re: Web Browser Issue

Hi niomax,

Welcome to oneye.

Whilst I can't personally say why neither Google nor Yahoo work in the integrated browser, I can provide you with a workaround:

• Open the integrated browser

• In the Toolbar at the top, you'll see a button with an icon that looks like a Wrench. Press it.

• In the dialog that pops up, find where it says "Browse Plugin"

• In the dropdown menu next to it (probably says "Iframe (Default)"), select "EyeNavProxy"

• Press the button directly below it, then close the dialog

• Try accessing Google or Yahoo again

Any other problems, don't hesitate to ask.

#3 2012-01-26 12:46:09

niomax

Hi,
Thank you very much for help...!
It work really fine now...

Really Thanks!
Marco

#4 2012-02-03 02:22:52

lucaferrario
Administrator

Hey Guys,
some tips about the oneye browser.
As you've just learned, there are 2 different browsing modes: iFrame and eyeNavProxy.
The first one just creates and iFrame, so it's always your computer which communicates with the target server (let's say google.com). This used to work perfectly in the past, but now a lot of websites (like Google and Facebook) implements an iFrame-blocker: they don't want their site (or part of that) to be browsed in some third party sites' window, they just want you to open their URL in a dedicated browser tab. That's the reason why the iFrame plugin does not work on some sites!
The eyeNavProxy is very different: all the data is forwarded to the server hosting the oneye system and then routed to the target server (google.com). Then the answers are sent from google.com to the oneye server, which routes them back to your browser. You have some benefits and some disadvantages with this plugin:

• PRO: you can browse almost every website and iframe blockers have no effect

• CONS: all your traffic is routed through the oneye server... So if you have are an oneye server owner and you have a lot of users, be careful, because your users could eat a lot of your server's bandwidth!

• CONS: if you are an oneye user and you are not the owner of the oneye server, you have to trust the owner: all your browsing data could be sniffed on the server if the owner is a bad person and has written a modified version of the plugin

• CONS: the eyeNavProxy was a great start, but unfortunately has never been completed, so it has some bugs

Board footer