Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-01-31 21:08:16

niomax

Iphone, Mobile access and files

Hi to all,
I tried to access by a iphone to oneye , everything work...but i would ask if there is a way to upload files. In mobile version, there is , but in iphone , no, is possible to solve this ? there is a way or i need to configure something ?

Thanks in Advance
Marco

#2 2012-01-31 23:52:45

espectalll123
Website

Re: Iphone, Mobile access and files

No... that's because iOS locks almost every possibility of managing files, limiting them to one root folder per app. The only way you have to upload files is from your computer or from an Android device. Sorry sad

Writing this with my iPad wink

Last edited by espectalll123 (2012-01-31 23:53:26)

#3 2012-02-01 00:43:11

s0600204
Website

It's a known problem (http://forums.lars-sh.de/viewtopic.php?pid=453#p453) and most likely doesn't just affect us. I believe Luca is searching for a workaround, but until then you'll find it impossible to upload or download files on iOS powered devices.

As espectalll123 says, you'll have to use either a computer or a tablet or smart-phone not powered by iOS to upload files.

That said (and someone will probably correct me), you could probably use a computer with iTunes to transfer your content off of your Apple Device and then use that computer's web-browser to upload it. I know it kinda defeats part of the purpose of having oneye on iOS devices, but... *sighs* ...oh well.

#4 2012-02-03 02:25:38

lucaferrario
Administrator

You're perfectly right.
Actually, until Apple removes this limitation (mmm...will they ever do this?), the only way you have to upload/download file is with a browser called "Webuploader", which you can find on the App store (I've read this, I've never tested it and I don't know if it's free or not....just have a look in case you're interested ;-)

Board footer