Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-01-09 23:39:42

fortejava

Office 2007 documents

Hi all anf really tahnks to all project supporters.
I was wondering if Oneye support is able to edit/view office 2003 and/or office 2010 documents and which version of Office/Openoffice/Libreoffice version I can use for edit these formats of document.
Thanks for time you are dedicating to me

#2 2012-01-12 14:12:35

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: Office 2007 documents

Nice to see you here.

oneye 0.8 provides low office compatibility only. I was able to get office support working with OpenOffice.org 2.x. It'd be interesting to create a new OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice connector for PHP and get it working with Apache and IIS. Currently the connector does not work for Apache under Windows system, cause of its right management that I'm not familiar with.

So right now there's no support for any new formats - sadly.

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2012-01-19 18:20:37

redfan9

lars-sh wrote:

Nice to see you here.

oneye 0.8 provides low office compatibility only. I was able to get office support working with OpenOffice.org 2.x. It'd be interesting to create a new OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice connector for PHP and get it working with Apache and IIS. Currently the connector does not work for Apache under Windows system, cause of its right management that I'm not familiar with.

So right now there's no support for any new formats - sadly.

Really? So this openoffice support cannot work with Apache under Windows?
Currently i'm using the latest oneye (as you suggest in my thread before smile ) and the latest OpenOffice version but still can't get a chance to test it under my system which i run oneye on my XAMPP server under Windows platform.
This is sad news to me because i really need the office support though. Any recommendation for other alternative office apps so that i can open and edit *.doc and/or *.odt in oneye?

Currently i'm trying to use oneye on my schooll's intranet as an online documents storage for students so they can save all their homework files on their personal oneye account. So, i really need help here. smile

Last edited by redfan9 (2012-01-19 18:23:09)

#4 2012-01-21 18:05:06

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Oh, I'm sorry, IIS + Windows fails. For Apache + Windows there's an ugly workaround in the official instructions.

It's all a problem with the rights management. We need to call OOo / LO from php via command line. PHP runs inside the Apache / IIS process and that processes does not seem to have sufficient rights to start OOo / LO.

Right now we just allow the whole Apache service to run with Administrator privileges, but I'd like to allow OOo / LO to work with the server user's rights... Any ideas?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2012-02-07 09:40:06

redfan9

Alright, i've been tested the OpenOffice support in my windows system an it works!. I don't know either, i just installed a fresh OOo 3.0 and follow the instruction how to set the office support and it works. Now i can create file, edit the file, and even i already tested to import the document to WinWord 2003 format, and i can view and edit the file. It just "magically" works fine now.

I dont know also because i'm running the apache service with my local computer privileges because i couldn't log in with the administrator. the last thing that i check was to make sure that my OOo daemon was running in headless mode then i restart the apache service and then "BAM!!!" everything works. smile

fyi:
i tested the office support with Windows 7 Pro (64bit), Open Office 3.0, and Oneye 0.8.0

lars-sh wrote:

but I'd like to allow OOo / LO to work with the server user's rights... Any ideas?

what do you mean by "the server user's rights..." sir?

Last edited by redfan9 (2012-02-07 09:48:29)

Board footer