Fork me on GitHub

#1 2012-01-08 19:05:13

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Wikipedia

Hey guys,

we've a lot to do for developers, but this is something other can do, too. Yeah!

What about updating the eyeos pages and creating an oneye page in the English Wikipedia. This page can then be translated into different languages.

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EyeOS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneye

PS: Sorry for this short post, but I just wanted to write it down somewhere wink ...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#2 2012-01-17 18:50:37

AlbuquerqueApache

Re: Wikipedia

What I think would be very important in a oneeye Wikipedia entry would be first and foremost a definition of what oneeye is and what it does. I would probably start with something like this:

" Is an open source project that is focused on producing a cloud based desktop system. The oneeye system allows for a user to create a web desktop available on a server that they can use for most basic office work and as a cloud repository for files and documents. Oneye can sync files on desktop computers through the use of Synchronization program called EyeSync. EyeSync can run natively on Windows PCs and, through the Mono framework, GNU/Linux and Mac OS X operating systems. Support for mobile systems such as Android is in place but support for iOS is still in development.

Please donate to the project

Various links. "

What do you guys think?

#3 2012-01-21 17:57:35

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

I like that idea.

A second paragraph should be about the movement "eyeos -> oneye".

Do we need something like a version history?

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#4 2012-01-30 22:11:31

espectalll123
Website

I could translate the future Wikipedia's post to Spanish, as I'm from Spain smile

@AlbuquerqueApache Great idea, I like that paragraphs smile But please, don't put the donate text in Wikipedia. Moderators would delete the post as it would be advertising...

Last edited by espectalll123 (2012-01-30 22:20:27)

#5 2012-02-26 08:38:38

Sable

Hi,

as told before, I can translate the english wikipedia's page in a french one. For now, as I'm a little bit new in oneye's project, I'm not sure I understood all the eyeos/oneye history to write an original article hmm .

Board footer