Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-03-15 13:12:46

Sable

[Solved]eyeHelp translation-Tree menu & Topic's title stay in english

Hi,

proceeding to the french translation of eyeHelp, I observe that the tree menu and titles of the topics are not translated anymore since the last svn release hmm

eyehelp-screen-translate_001.png

I've proceed as danielrs told me:

danielrs wrote:

[...]When I wrote eyeHelp, I thought on the translations. If you rename your fails from index.eyeHelp to fr.eyeHelp, it will choose the fr.eyeHelp file if the eyeos system is in French.

Also in info.xml it will use title-fr instead of title if it present, so the users using the English version of eyeos will see the titles in English and the users using French will see it in French. Now I see that this was not well thought, because if there are more than 2 eyepackages for language the info.xml file will be overwritten, please file a bug about this issue.

That way of proceeding works fine with an oneye based on the 2weeks old svn files but not with the yesterday's one.

How can I fix that, please?

Thank you.

Last edited by Sable (2012-03-15 17:27:12)

#2 2012-03-15 13:19:19

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Re: [Solved]eyeHelp translation-Tree menu & Topic's title stay in english

Sable, I changed the way titles are saved. They're saved in fr.xml and use the title tag in order to simplify language pack installation.

Just take a look at the translation system, which is based on one of the latest SVN revisions. eyeHelp should show translated titles over there.?!

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#3 2012-03-15 13:38:33

Sable

OK! Thanks for this prompt reply! smile

I just installed the last french translation on my demo oneye's server and it's ok now, except for the following strings " Adding a new contact" and "Viewing, editing and deleting a contact" (the two empty folders you've noticed I've forgotten in my previous translation wink ) (in french "Ajouter un nouveau contact" and "Consulter, éditer et supprimer un contact").

#4 2012-03-15 17:41:57

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Could you send me the updated files, please?

You can download the updated (I just renamed info.xml to fr.xml and changed title-fr tags to title tags) files can be found at http://eyeos.svn.sf.net/viewvc/eyeos/tr … l/eyeHelp/ .

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

#5 2012-03-15 18:59:53

Sable

lars-sh wrote:

Could you send me the updated files, please?

No!

lol

Here there are ! wink

lars-sh wrote:

You can download the updated (I just renamed info.xml to fr.xml and changed title-fr tags to title tags) files can be found at http://eyeos.svn.sf.net/viewvc/eyeos/tr … l/eyeHelp/ .

Thank you! I'll have a look on it tomorrow (it's my musical evening today: 5 hours playing guitar, singing, drinking, eating etc. smile )

#6 2012-03-15 19:18:14

lars-sh
Administrator
Website

Updated.

Just take the files using "Download GNU tarball" and continue as before wink ...

Best regards,
Lars Knickrehm

The oneye project.

Board footer