Fork me on GitHub

Announcement

The oneye project has been discontinued. You might not expect further fixes and support from us. All community related systems are set to read-only mode. Though feel free to download and use oneye as-is or even fork it over at GitHub.

#1 2012-06-01 03:33:27

tuti

[Question] Using onEye user hosting space

I have a reseller web hosting account and I wanted to save the onEye users files to their web hosting packages instead mine. How can I do this?

#2 2012-06-01 18:48:19

s0600204
Website

Re: [Question] Using onEye user hosting space

That really depends on how your system is currently set up, how you want it set up, and how much access you have to the server.

For instance, if you simply want to have oneye store its user directories in a different location, then you can either:

• Use "ln -s" to create a link that points the [EYEROOT]/users folder to somewhere else on the system (Requires a unix-type OS, and Shell Access)

• or, alter the path defined in USERS_DIR in settings.php (needs to be a relative path)

Bear in mind, however, that oneye will set up its user directories like:

|- rt4
  |   '- root
  |       |- conf
  |       |- files
  |       '- ...
  |- ar5
  |   '- aUser
  |       |- conf
  |       |- files
  |       '- ...
  |- ar11
  |   '- anotherUser
  |       |- conf
  |       |- files
  |       '- ...
  '- ...

which may not be compatible with how your web hosting package software sets up its user directories.

If the server is running a unix-type OS and you have Shell access, it may be more convenient to link individual users' ./files folder to the appropriate folder within your web hosting user files. However, you will need to either do this manually for each user, or write some batch script that does it automatically whenever a user signs-up to your service (and passes any checks/validation you may have to prevent illegal/inappropriate use).

[EYEROOT]/users/
  |- js9
  |   '- joeBloggs
  |       |- conf
  |       |- files ==> [WEB-HOSTING]/[USERS]/joeBloggs/files
  |       '- ...
  '- ...

Hope this makes sense.

Oh, and you may want to tell oneye to use a 'real' file system. You can do that within settings.php:

change this line:
	define('VFS_MODULE','virtual');
to this:
	define('VFS_MODULE','real');

#3 2012-06-01 20:18:48

tuti

Re: [Question] Using onEye user hosting space

I have no access to the server Shell. Hostgator is my Reseller Web Hosting provider, they allow shell access for VPS and Dedicated plans only. All i got is WHM/cPanel lol

Board footer